I used to use those fancy, electronic stud finders. Seems like when I needed them, the battery was dead. Also, who needs all of the features? It’s like selling air conditioners to eskimos.
Frustrated, I went online and found MagnetPAL. And, it is the easiest to use and most accurate stud finder, I have ever used. It is also reasonably priced. Here are some tips for using MagnetPAL as a stud finder:
- Studs are generally 2” x 4” wood beams.
- Look for a 2” face of wood below the surface.
- The dry wall is generally screwed to the end of the stud by metal screws.
- The ‘Building Code’ generally stipulates that studs are 16” apart, in some cases you may find this varying on older or nonconforming. ( Maybe 24”. )
Using MagnetPAL Stud Finder:
- Hold the MagnetPAL about a ½ inch from the wall.
- Move the MagnetPAL over the surface until you feel the pull of the MagnetPAL.
- The MagnetPAL will generally hold in place indicating the crew in the stud.
- Once you have found one screw, move the MagnetPAL Stud Finder vertically up and down the stud to locate a second screw, confirming that you have found the stud.
- If you are having difficulty finding the studs, try measuring 16” from the edge of the wall or door jam to help narrow your search.
- Please note that the MagnetPal could scuff freshly painted walls. A small piece of tape over the MagnetpAL surface can help protect the wall.
- Magnetic Stud Finder: Easily locate the screws in your studs through almost any type of wall. Simply wave MagnetPAL over your wall until you feel it start to pull out of your hand!
- MagnetPal is affordable and the strongest stud finder.
- Comes in 7 vibrant colors: black, red, cobalt blue, orange, lime green, yellow & silver.
- MagnetPAL detects the wood stud, in addition to metal studs.
- MagnetPAL is also useful as wall mount scanner.
- MagnetPAL is unlike other magnets because it’s made from rare earth metals. These so-called Neodymium magnets provide a lifetime of “pulling power”.This also means it won’t lose magnetism over time, it will never rust, and it won’t mess with your phone or credit card chips (like normal magnets).
- It’s also made in the USA,ensuring every MagnetPAL meets their high quality standards.